Weekend trip (2 day trip) itinerary to discover Udaipur
While Udaipur is a place where you can spend your life enjoying its weather and lakes but If you have only two days in Udaipur, here is a suggested weekend itinerary that will allow you to see the highlights of the city:
Day 1 of your weekend trip to Udaipur:
- Start your day with a visit to the City Palace, one of the most famous attractions in Udaipur. The palace is a beautiful complex of buildings, courtyards, and gardens, and offers great views of the city and Lake Pichola.
- After visiting the City Palace, head to the nearby Jagdish Temple, a beautiful Hindu temple that was built in the 17th century.
- After lunch, take a boat ride on Lake Pichola. This is a great way to see the city from a different perspective and to get some beautiful views of the palaces and other buildings along the lake.
- In the afternoon, you can also visit the Saheliyon Ki Bari, a beautiful garden that was built for the women of the royal household. The garden has fountains, marble elephants, and other beautiful features.
- End your day with a visit to the Bagore Ki Haveli, a beautiful mansion converted into a museum. The museum has a collection of artefacts and displays that provide insight into the history and culture of the region. The haveli also hosts an evening cultural show with traditional dance and music performances.
- Start your day with a visit to the Monsoon Palace, also known as the Sajjan Garh Palace. The palace is located on a hill overlooking the city and offers great views of Udaipur and the surrounding countryside.
- After lunch, visit the Fateh Sagar Lake, another beautiful lake in Udaipur. You can take a boat ride on the lake or just relax on the shore and enjoy the views.
- Next, visit the Shilpgram Crafts Village, which showcases the traditional arts and crafts of Rajasthan. The village has a variety of workshops and stalls selling pottery, textiles, jewelry, and other handicrafts.
- End your day with a visit to the Vintage Car Museum, which has a collection of classic cars from the 1920s and 1930s. The museum is located in the Garden Hotel and is a great place to see some of the beautiful vintage cars that were once used by the royals.